7.24.2006

Basketball!!

Well, after a day of moving, and a weekend with Leone, we decided to slack today and play some hoops. After a 7-2 lead, I lost by a final score of 14-11. Wes got lucky! Of course it was a Monday, so I had to get Leone to school and drive to U of L by nine AM. Not good for a late night person. But afternoon hoops always helps. I think it was under 90 degrees today, but it felt WARM.



Leone and I roasted up a couple pounds of Sumatra Lintong Triple Pick, and a couple more pounds of Panama Carmen yesterday. I'm letting them both rest two days, because I've gotta finish off my Intelli Black Cat (roasted 7/11 by them). I like when roasters date their coffee! I've been brewing coffee with the Technivorm, my Gaggia is off to the new place...
Wes, proving that he is still able to leave the ground when he takes a jumper...
Playground art. I have to give Wes credit for this shot...
I'm not sure if this was a fade-away jumper, but it sure looks like it...but the hand seems wrong. I might have been taking it in to the basket and tried something funny.
Me, getting ready to take it to the hoop.
That looks like a little better form for my shooting....they usually go in when I shoot 'em right,
This was Leone sipping some of daddy's coffee at a Del McCoury band live show at Ear Xtacy, a cool local record store a couple (three?) weeks ago.
Another shot from the bluegrass show. Leone had fun, but got antsy after the start was delayed half an hour by sound problems. We were front row (camped out on the floor).

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey Nimbus, its Kat here, even though my profile says Grace, its my old profile from a blog I had ages ago!

Love the photos, Leones a sweetie! Dont know how you can play basketball in that heat. Its been averaging 80 here in the UK for about 3 weeks and thats unusual. Highest temps since records began and all that, its killing me, I can hardly walk never mind run!! I'll call back soon. Kat :-)

Nimbus Couzin said...

Hey Kat!

Good to hear from ya...

Yeah global warming, get used to it, it's here to stay (for a couple hundred years if we stop the pollution today, but likely a lot lot longer)....

We made good use of the nearby water fountain.

Cheers!
-nimbus